Plaque - Redbank Railway Stores Depot

Production date
1958
Country
Australia
State/Province
Queensland
See full details

Object Detail


Description
A rectangular shaped brass plaque with cast raised lettering for the opening of Redbank Railway Stores Depot in 1958.
Classification
CH classification TRANSPORT Railways Commemorative Plaque
Measurements
H435 x W655 x D10mm
Media/Materials description
Brass
Signature/Marks
REDBANK RAILWAY STORES DEPOT \ THIS PLAQUE WAS UNVEILED ON \ 28th MAY 1958 \ BY THE HON. GORDON W. CHALK. M.L.A. \ MINISTER FOR TRANSPORT \ TO MARK THE COMPLETION OF THE BUILDINGS WHICH WERE \ DESIGNED BY THE ARCHITECTURAL STAFF OF THE CHIEF \ ENGINEER'S BRANCH AND CONSTRUCTED PARTLY BY CONTRACT \ AND PARTLY BY THE DEPARTMENT \ G. V. MORIARTY, COMMISSIONER
History and use
Brass plaque unveiled at the opening of the new Railway Stores building in Weedman Street Redbank in 1958.

The official opening of the Redbank Railway Stores Building in May, 1958 marked the completion of construction of the new railway workshops which were intended to replace the Ipswich Railway Workshops. This large opening plaque was mounted in the foyer of the railway stores building.
Registration number
R6624

Country

State/Province

Colours

Share