Number Plate - C17 Locomotive No.15
See full details
No.15 was the very first C17 put into service. It was built at the Ipswich Railway Workshops in 1920 and it began working in August of the same year.
Ten C17s were built in this first batch at the Ipswich Railway Workshops between 1920-1922. No.15 was allocated the build number 83/1920.
In its later life No.15 operated extensively throughout the Northern Division and was based at times in Charters Towers (1949, 1958, 1962), Townsville (1956, 1957, 1960, 1962, 1964) and Cloncurry (1957, 1963). The locomotive was written off in July 1968.