Number Plate - B17 Locomotive No.690
See full details
With the B17 design declared a success, more were ordered soon after the testing of No.538. Between 1911 – 1914 a further 21 B17s were constructed at the Ipswich Railway Workshops. As the lines in Queensland were strengthened and expanded, the use of B17s was expanded throughout the state. As well as being used in the Southern Division for suburban and country passenger services, they were also used to haul goods trains. The expansion of the North Coast line saw them operating in the Central and Northern Divisions as well.
B17 No.690 was built at the Ipswich Railway Workshops (works number 67) in 1914 and entered service in April of the same year. It was written off in November 1960. Along with No.689, they were the last of B17s in service to be scrapped.