Number Plate - BB18 1/4 Locomotive No.1027
See full details
Walkers Limited of Maryborough and the Vulcan Foundry of Newton-le-Willows, Lancashire were awarded contracts to build the design in 1948. BB18 ¼ engines from Vulcan entered service in 1951 while the engines built by Walkers did not begin their service until 1955 due to supply shortages and other challengers experienced by Walkers such as industrial disputes.
BB18 1/4s eventually worked throughout Queensland on mail, goods and passenger services.
BB18 ¼ No. 1027 was built by the Vulcan Foundry (works number 5915) in 1950 and entered service in July 1951. It was written off in October 1969.