Builder's Plate - PB15 Class Locomotive No.567
See full details
The original locomotives delivered between 1900 and 1912 were fitted with Stephenson’s Valve Gear. Walkers Ltd manufactured a further 30 improved PB15 Class locomotives between 1925 and 1926 and these were fitted with Walschaert’s Valve Gear.
The PB15 Class became the most prolific single locomotive class on Queensland Railways with more than 230 entering service. They could be found almost anywhere across the state and were used as branch line engines, for shunting and even hauling mail trains like the Western Mail west of Chinchilla. PB15s were commonly used for Brisbane south-side suburban trains, working out of South Brisbane to travel to places such as Southport, Tweed Heads, Cleveland and Beaudesert.
PB15 No.567 was built by Walkers Limited in 1911 (works number 164) and entered service in August of the same year. It was written off in June 1967.