Builder's Plate - C17 Locomotive No.803
Tyne & Wear
See full details
W G Armstrong & Co, Scotswood, Newcastle-on-Tyne built 25 C17 locomotives for Queensland Railways in 1927. No.803 was the second locomotive in the batch being Builder's Number 851 of 1927.
W G Armstrong & Co built their first locomotive in 1847. The firm later became Sir W G Armstrong Whitworth & Co Ltd. They manufactured a total of 1,464 locomotives at their Scotswood factory between 1919 and 1937.
C17 locomotive No.803 entered service in July 1927 and was written off in February 1969.