Steam Locomotive - PB15 Class No.444
See full details
WORKING PRESSURE\LBS\PER SQ.IN
WESTINGHOUSE\BRAKE (AUSTRALASIA)\PTY.LTD.\RED HAND MAIN RES\BLACK HAND EQ'L'G RES
Based at Roma for most of its working life, it serviced mainly south-west Queensland. PB15 No. 444 ran almost 2,000,000 km in its life. In October 1968, it hauled the last 'official' steam train in the Brisbane area for Queensland Railways.
Introduced in 1900, more than 200 PB15 class locomotives were built for Queensland Railways. They were designed for country passenger trains but were also used for goods trains and suburban passenger trains.
PB15 locomotives were replaced by Diesel Electric locomotives in the 1960s and PB15 No.444 was withdrawn from service in October 1969.