Plaque - Class A10 Locomotive

Production date
1965
See full details

Object Detail


Description
Rectangular cast metal plaque with raised border and rounded inner corners and raised inscription. It has a drill hole in each corner for mounting screws. Painted with gold paint, except for the border which is red. There is some traces of blue paint.
Classification
CH classification CIVIC MEMENTOES Plaques plaques
Measurements
L399 x W254 x H10 mm
Media/Materials description
Brass (Metals - Non-Ferrous) Paint (Surface Treatments)
Signature/Marks
CLASS A10 LOCOMOTIVE\ BUILT 1865 & PLACED IN MAIN LINE WORKING,\ SOUTHERN & WESTERN RAILWAY, 1866 \ SOLD TO MESSRS. GIBSON & HOWES LTD \ BINGERA PLANTATION, MAY, 1896 \ PRESENTED RO THE QUEENSLAND RAILWAYS \ IN THEIR CENTENNIAL YEAR, 1965 \ BY MESSRS GIBSON & HOWES LTD \ ROBERT C GIBSON, MANAGING DIRECTOR" PRESENTED TO THE QUEENSLAND RAILWAYS \ IN THEIR CENTENNIAL YEAR, 1965. \ BY MESSRS. GIBSON & HOWES LTD. \ ROBERT C. GIBSON, MANAGING DIRECTOR.
A10 No 6 \ (Original)
History and use
This plaque was attached to the cab side of Class A10 No.6 when it was donated to Queensland Railways by Gibson & Howes Ltd, Bingera Plantation in 1965 as part of the Railways centenary celebrations. The plaque gives a brief over view of the history of A10 No.6. It worked special trains between 1965 and 1969 before being placed in the Redbank Locomotive Museum in 1970 as a static exhibit. The plaque was removed for safekeeping when No.6 was removed for restoration to working order by the Australian Railway Historical Society (Queensland Division) in 1989.

Uploaded to the Web 27 May 2011.
Registration number
R41

Category

Colours

Share