Oval brass plate with polished brass border and raised text with a red painted background.
Walkers Ltd, Maryborough, Queensland
L245 x W320 x H9mm
Cast brass, paint
Walkers Limited / No 8 Engineers/1897/Maryborough
History and use
This Builder's Plate is from No.306 a B15 Converted Class steam locomotive. It entered service on the 26 June 1897 as a B15 Class. It was rebuilt as a B15 Converted and re-entered service in September 1912. No.306 was mainly based in the Northern Division working out of Cairns, Townsville and Bowen. It was withdrawn from service on 21 March 1967.