See full details
Ogilvie began his working life as an accountant but at 21 he trained and worked in millinery in Sydney before returning to Brisbane to begin his business in 1947. From 1948 he was based at Elizabeth St, in fashionable Rowe’s Arcade.In the seventies, hats became less fashionable and were no longer considered an essential part of a woman’s outfit. Ogilvie was forced to close the Rowe’s Arcade premises in 1972, and move to Indooroopilly.
Queensland Museum has a collection of approximately thirty-six Patrick Ogilvie pieces which span the height of his career and display his diverse style and approach to millinery.
Uploaded to the Web 27 May 2011.